Sunday, May 20, 2007

Updates

I still haven’t gotten far with my next piece, and it’s down to the wire! While I do have access to students with HPV, I’m not sure that there is a story there. I’m now thinking of writing a piece about “dating” on campus (hooking up, relationships, and the party scene) or about the new HPV vaccine. I have more ideas for the HPV story, but I think the other could be more fun to write.

For the HPV story I could talk to students who have gotten it, or are in the process to find out why they decided to get it, what the process is, etc. I could talk to women who aren’t getting and find out why they decided not to get it. I could talk to the health center about giving it and how they are getting information out to our community. Finally, I could look into the health insurance coverage of the vaccine. I have information on this from a meeting I had with Lisa from the Health Center last week, so it’d be an easier piece to write.

I’m not sure what would be the focus of the piece on dating. I’m thinking about asking lots of people how they met their significant other. My goal would be to get information about hooking up and the party culture at K. I think it could just be a fun piece to work on.

Any ideas or opinions? Thanks!

No comments: